March 5, 2008

Let's talk about THIS

Things of which I'm tired:

-The Tyra Banks show. I keep watching it because it's better than the judge shows
-The several hours of judge shows on network tv. Didn't mind them for a couple of days, but after the same 3 or 4 stories about 25 times, I realized how depressing they are. Why are there so many? Where is this demand coming from?
-Vocational school commercials. Yes I KNOW a medical assistant makes more money than I do, especially since I'm unemployed. But for the love of god, I'm trying to be a vet, which will make more money than all of those because it requires more freaking EDUCATION so please, give me a break.
-TV in general
-Cover letters
-Resumes

-Job ads. I love you Chicago Reader but if I have to see that green and yellow one more time I swear I might throw up.





-Fucking job application forms
-Personality profiles (they only do those in job applications for big dumb corporationss like caribou coffee and petco and ... yes, I've stooped that low. I was rejected by whole foods and I don't even BELIEVE in whole foods!) [read: I don't even BELIEVE in jebus!]

Anyhow I've been here about 4.5 weeks and only had 1 week of work and I'm starting to get freaked out (and please don't think I'm not trying; I'm registered with - count them - 6 temp agencies not to mention the normal jobs I've applied for). I don't know what else to say.

I miss my NYC friends, more than I anticipated. I miss you friends. I hope things are great. I'm having a tough time (but to be fair, other than money things have gone incredibly smoothly). Please pray to whomever or yourself that I'll get some steady work soon. I'm even praying: "Dear whomever or me, please let me get some steady work soon. Okay done."

No comments: