August 4, 2007

This is a fun game but...

I don't want to be Aesop the Spider Boy. So I did it again, trying to be more conscientious, trying to see myself more as how others do, and lying about my "gender." Interestingly, on the website, in one place it says your daemon is "usually" the opposite sex as you, and in another it says your daemon is "always" the opposite sex.

You know how I feel about this dependency on biological sex. Or if you don't feel free to ask and I'll expound in probably more length than you'd like.

Anyhow this is her:



I think I love her, just from the picture. That's great, yeah? A show of self-love?

Also can I just say that for once I find this a worthy, creative, and effective advertising ploy? I had the chance to read these books and didn't, but you can bet I will now, not to mention see this movie. And you probably know how I feel about advertising, too, so -

Oh yeah, p.s. I don't in fact feel very flexible in many ways, but like I said I love her and I don't want to turn out a spider again, so whatever. P.p.s. ipj rocks for finding this

1 comment:

ipj said...

I think that when you imbedded the link to your daemon you chose the option to keep her forever instead of the one to allow people to affect how she appears. I wanted to give my feedback but I figured you chose that option because you liked her so much.