December 18, 2006

2 Afterthoughts

re: recent advertising industry rant:

1 - I happened to be at Union Square Park at the right time of night to go through the lighting display, and it's actually really cool. I was giggling and spent quite a bit of time there. The lights are motion-sensored and fun. Way to go designer Boontje, still fuck you Target. [I re-read the aforementioned sign and there's also a conspicuous section which says something like, "Target has also sponsored other holiday and seasonal displays in New York City." This is starting to sound like a performer's bio in a program, and I hate those too.]

2 - I walked through more than usual of the Union Square subway station, where Amstel bought every open wall space in existence, and overall the ad campaign doesn't actually leave any room to wonder about what brand it is, it was just that my particular morning path happened to cross those few specific ambiguous ads.

No comments: